Header Ads

FC Barcelona | Xavi Heading To Barcelona: Match, Dinner And Final Meeting

Xavi Hernández will officially become Barcelona's new coach in the next few hours, putting an end to the soap opera that began a week ago with the dismissal of Ronald Koeman. Since last Thursday the bases of the agreement began to be laid after Joan Laporta spoke personally with Xavi to propose the position and he said yes. The agreement between the clubs was yet to be closed because Al Sadd did not want to part with their coach until the match against Al Duhail that took place this Wednesday.

Since then there have been numerous rumors in all senses. From Barcelona and the player himself, the feeling was always transmitted that the agreement would be possible and was on track. From Doha, on the other hand, it seemed that in no case Xavi would leave Qatar. Two contradictory positions.

Without going any further, the Qatari club, through its CEO, closed the starting doors to Xavi just before the match against Al Duhail. "The position of the club is clear from the beginning: we are committed to keeping our coach Xavi with us and we cannot allow him to leave at this delicate time of the season," said Turki Al-Ali.

Tranquility

Despite the surprise of the statement, neither the player nor the Barça club panicked. Xavi's post-match statements made it clear that the agreement was a matter of hours. He said he was very excited and excited about the opportunity to come to Barcelona and acknowledged that both clubs were in negotiations.

"I am a very positive person. The two clubs are in talks. It is a matter of common sense and in the end it has to end up being done. I am excited. Barça and Al Sadd know my position. I hope this matter is resolved quickly. " said Xavi Hernández.

Banish the 'isms'

He even talked about some of the things the team is missing right now. "It is not a question of being the Messiah. We have to give back the illusion. We have a good team. We have to work and stop being 'isms'. We have to all row in the same direction," he concluded.

After these statements, a dinner took place last night in Doha in which Xavi's representatives, Al Sadd executives and the delegation that Barcelona had sent made up of Rafa Yuste and Mateu Alemany were present. The one who did not travel was Laporta despite the fact that the sheikh who owns the Qatari club had expressed his desire to speak in person with the president himself. A decision that did not benefit the negotiation.

Final meeting

This Thursday the final meeting between clubs will take place in which an agreement would have to be reached to unblock Xavi's departure to Barcelona. The agreement between the coach and Barça is total. He will sign until 2024. The termination with Al Sadd remains to be resolved. The most normal thing is that it closes with the dispute of a friendly match.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.